Advertisement

Mum explains why son's last minutes after long cancer fight were so 'beautiful'

Mum explains why son's last minutes after long cancer fight were so 'beautiful' A mum revealed why her son's final few minutes on Earth after his long cancer fight were "beautiful" - yet also the most painful of her life.  Nolan Scully was just three when he was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma - a rare form of soft tissue cancer.  After bravely fighting the disease for two years , Nolan died in November, 2017 - with his mum Ruth Scully saying she lost the "love of her life" the day he passed.  Now, to mark World Cancer Day, Ruth shared the heartbreaking yet "beautiful" moments Nolan "transitioned" into the next life - revealing his bravery in how he even tried to comfort and shield her from the pain in those final few minutes.  Ruth, who nicknamed Nolan 'Poot', said: "About an hour from the moment, I asked Poot if I could take a shower that last night.  "After allowing me to get up, he requested his Uncle Chris sit with him when I went into the bathroom - as I shut the door, he turned his face towards the door, put his hands under his cheeks and smiled at me.  "When I clicked the door, he began "transitioning". He even thought to shield me from that moment.  "The miracle "I love you mommy" was said after he was far into his transitioning."  Ruth, from Maryland, America, went on to describe how despite Nolan losing his sense of smell during his cancer treatment, he told his mum how he could smell her as she held him while he went.  She said: "I had filled out his will with him a few hours ago and his favourite smell he told me to write down was "Mommy after a shower - you smell like a 'Lup-a-lip-kiss (eucalyptus).  "He couldn't smell for over a year due to trauma and radiation, but the minute I came back into his bed and touched his face, he smelled me and gave me that moment. Using his last breath to say he loved me.  "It feels like yesterday, but an eternity all the same.  "We will never be the same, both good and bad. It's that paradox of the most beautiful moments of your life, while you're living the worst moments of your life.  "And it's not fair. But I wouldn't trade one moment if it meant I would've never had him here with me.  "He was kind. He was loving. He was brilliant. He was sharp-tongued (like his momma). He was a champion, which ironically is what his name means.  "But most importantly he was mine. I was his first love. His only love. And he was the love of my life. From his first breath, to his very last.  "My son died a hero. He brought communities together, different occupations, made a difference in people's lives all around the world.  "He was a warrior who died with dignity and love to the last second."  Of her son, Ruth adds, "all Nolan ever wanted to do was to serve and protect others, he did just that all the way up to his last breath and continues to do so every day.  "He loved his family fiercely and everyone of his 'friends'!  "I look at everything he accomplished in 4 short years and can only think of what he could have accomplished with a longer life." Mum explains why son's last minutes after long cancer fight were so 'beautiful'
Cancer

Cancer,

Post a Comment

0 Comments