Advertisement

Riggy Bits #1: Simulating Volume in Joints (Part 1: Theory and Example)

Riggy Bits #1: Simulating Volume in Joints (Part 1: Theory and Example) Note: This is Part 1 of Riggy Bits #1 explaining the theory behind the rig; the second part will be a tutorial for creating the rig. Part 2:
Hello! Welcome to Riggy Bits! This is a series of Computer Graphics Rigging tutorials that focuses on reusable components that can be applied to many characters and props. Like all of my videos, I want to save you time by presenting the information in a clear and concise way. The aim of this series is to provide professional character TD's a resource for solving problems, by simply picking and choosing from a "menu" of reusable components they've learned over time. From my own work, I've compiled quite a "menu" of my own, and I'd like to use this series to share it with you!

This video addresses the self-intersection at the knees of a character (and of course, many other joints may have this problem) when the joint bends. I present a novel way of solving the problem by simulating the volume of the knee using two hinge-joints and Blender's Bendy Bones, and show the rig's main components in context. It should be enough for experienced riggers to glean useful ideas for their own work, For less experienced riggers- don't worry! I'll explain the rig step-by-step in the next video!

Human reference images taken from Croquis Cafe (warning, this website is a human reference site for artists, and thus contains some NSFW content):

Download the files for this Riggy Bit:
My website: nodespaghetti.xyz
My rigging addon:

Riggy Bits,Riggy,Bits,Bit,Rig,Rggy,Rigy,Rigg,iggy,Bts,Bt,Bis,Rigging,Blender,3D,Character,knee,deform,deformation,node,spaghetti,spagetti,spghetti,nod,nodes,nods,node spaghetti,ndoe,sapghetti,sapgetti,spahgetti,

Post a Comment

0 Comments