Advertisement

Holding Out For A Ten - Original Song

Holding Out For A Ten - Original Song Been trying to write a song to this chord sequence for a few years now. Often I'd be at the gym or out shopping and I'd get a flash of inspiration for the song, but by the time I got home the idea just didn't work the way it did in my head.

Flash forward to springtime last year and the right words and the right melody finally hit me. I went home and wrote out the whole tune in about an hour.

Despite singing K-A-T-E repeatedly throughout the song, I didn't want to call the song that, so I had a peek into my document of unused song titles and 'Holding Out For A Ten' just seemed right. I even managed to fit the phrase into the lyrics, so I was very proud of that.

I hope you enjoy my little indie song :)

lyrics:

K-A-T-E I owe you
A cheeky fiver from our day at the zoo
But my pockets ain't got nothing to say and I
Was hoping that a kiss would maybe make do?

K-A-T-E I love you
But I'm not so good at seeing things through
I'd wear my glasses, but they don't seem to fit me right
Maybe I'll see ya for the odd rendezvous?

K-A-T-E
What dya wanna do? What dya wanna do?
Bout me and you...
K-A-T-E
I know in my heart it's true
I'll play it out on kazoo

(Kazoo solo)

K-A-T-E how ya been?
Yeah are you still holding out for a ten?
Well if my body's not somebody's by closing time
You can have me by the chip van again

and K-A-T-E yeah you're looking thin
Well I guess you've got a bad taste in men
Well if you wanna chew me up and then spit me out
I'll be waiting by the juicebar til ten

K-A-T-E 
What dya wanna do? What dya wanna do?
Bout me and you
K-A-T-E
I know in my heart it's true
I'll play it out on kazoo

We could be
Together but we'd never agree
On which film to watch
On a soggy weekend
Oh you're just not the one for me

We could be
Together but we'd never agree
On which way to vote
In the coming election
You're breaking my heart Katy/You're just not the one for me

(c) song owned by Scott Freeman Music

holding out for a ten,original song,scott freeman,original indie song,Scott Freeman,songs about dating,songs about love,

Post a Comment

0 Comments