Advertisement

Former teen idol Leif Garrett explains descent into hard drugs: ‘There has always been more to my st

Former teen idol Leif Garrett explains descent into hard drugs: ‘There has always been more to my st Thanks for watching my video.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to the channel to receive the latest videos
Videos can use content-based copyright law contains reasonable use Fair Use (
For any copyright, please send me a message.  Garrett is now 58 and sober and sharing his story in the memoir “Idol Truth,” which details his journey to Hollywood and how it all went wrong. Garrett spoke to Fox News about the misconceptions he wanted to address, why he resorted to drugs and what his life is like today. RONNIE WOOD’S EX-WIFE JO WOOD RECALLS PHOTOGRAPHING THE ROLLING STONES OVER THE YEARS: ‘THEY DIDN’T NOTICE’ ACTRESS GABRIELLE STONE EXPLAINS WHY SHE LEFT THE COUNTRY AFTER HUSBAND’S AFFAIR, HEARTBREAKING RELATIONSHIP Fox News: What inspired you to write this book now?Leif Garrett: Enough time has passed. I feel people don’t really know who I am. There have been so many misconceptions about me. For years, there are certain things about my life that just didn’t sit well with me. I went through so much as a teen idol. I needed to share those truths. Fox News: What were some of those truths you wanted to address?Garrett: For starters, when I was a teen idol, my managers would lie and say I was sick from exhaustion when, in reality, they wanted to make sure my shows were sold-out. So here I was, pretending to be sick, living this lie, just so that I can embody this perfect image of what they wanted me to be. It was wrong. These were things I wasn’t allowed to admit... When I was a young man, I was offered this chance to have a music career. But instead of doing it the right way – training with a singing coach – my voice was processed to the point where it barely even sounded like me. You hear me singing on the records, but it wasn’t just me alone. RISQUÉ STORIES WRITTEN BY ED WOOD REVEALED DECADES AFTER FILMMAKER’S TRAGIC DEATH HUMPHREY BOGART’S EX-WIFE MAYO METHOT STRUGGLED TO BOUNCE BACK IN HOLLYWOOD AFTER DIVORCE, BOOK CLAIMS [The production team] brought in this background singer and his voice was very prominent. At times, it felt like we were making his record instead of mine. That’s just fraud. It’s a misrepresentation. It didn’t sit well with me then and it doesn’t sit well with me now. I felt like I was being taken advantage of for my looks when I really just wanted the chance to act. Hearing this background singer dominate those sessions, I just felt like this wasn’t my record at all even though I was singing too. It didn’t make sense to me. As a matter of fact, there are a couple of songs that if you listen carefully, it’s just not me at all. My vocals are mixed in there but it’s just not me. You can tell the differences in the voices. But finally being able to share this meant I can now have a clear conscience… The singer, Jim Haas, has since passed away, unfortunately. Fox News: According to your book, you were forced to sing these oldies with a lot of technical help and then you had to lip-s

trump today news,today in news,fox news today,fox news,breaking news today,breaking news,usa today,usa today news,

Post a Comment

0 Comments