Advertisement

RUSTIC TABLESCAPING, DESIGN TRENDS, AND MORE! PATTI JOHNSON INTERIORS

RUSTIC TABLESCAPING, DESIGN TRENDS, AND MORE! PATTI JOHNSON INTERIORS Named as one of the top 200 most influential people in the home design industry, Patti Johnson is an industry leader. With 24 years of experience, Patti combines inspirational creativity with the ability to provide solutions, functionality and classic timeless style to each of her projects. Ellen Gefen talked with Patti about trends she's currently seeing, where to start when decorating your home, tablescaping, and more!

INSTAGRAM:

ELLEN GEFEN:

Video Production By Gefen Productions:

Patti Johnson Interiors:

At The Alden Parkes Showroom at High Point, North Carolina. I'm with Patti Johnson of Patti Johnson Interiors from Lebanon, Ohio. Welcome Patti. Thank you so much Ellen. Let's talk about trends that you are seeing from a consumer standpoint and what they should be looking at as we're moving into the last half of the year and moving into 2020. I think what you're going to hear about a lot is more color. I think we're seeing just an explosion of color throughout different pallets and everything, but the color of the year is a very pale blush, pink by Benjamin Moore, and you're going to see a lot of that blush pink throughout. Um, also just in general, the jewel tones will be prominent for a autumn that you would normally see in autumn, but the jewel tones will be prominent and furnishings this year. And also really just the lighter colors because of all the performance fabrics that are out there. So the trend is performance fabrics very suitable for families with young kids and dogs. Okay. So here I just took some natural elements, you know, I got more of a rustic, rugged field. I love texture, so to create an autumnal look, texture is always important to bring in. I started with the dishes from replacements and they had the pheasant feathers, my beautiful floral arrangement. This really be the proper scale for this table. These I just picked up at a local craft store and put these together just to give it a little bit more texture and interest rather than just the napkin. Layering the napkins is a nice way to add interest. A small cocktail napkin on top of a dinner napkin. Just a little bit of that and just some ribbon from a local craft store. So a lot of these things can, are easy to recreate in home as a consumer is looking to redo their room and thinking about where to start. Where do you suggest that consumers start with a budget, with a budget and really what their taste is. I like to design in a very cohesive style. So if we're doing one room, I want to know, actually I want to do all the rooms. So I just wanted to make sure that the room is going to flow with the style of furnishings and with their color palette throughout. So normally I start with color, I start with the color palette, we define that and kind of branch off from there based on what their needs are in the room. One of the things I normally say to people is just because it's your grandmother's and you don't like it, don't keep it. Just sometimes you need to have a great picture of your grandmother. Love it, not keep the peace in there. How do you deal with that with the consumer? I just recently had a client that had family collages and we established it in her lower level and it was perfect. It was a perfect wall to put them all together in one place. So I think people should be able to have their family heirlooms in their home. It's their home. So, but I think it just has to be in the right spot where it doesn't compete with everything else. What's your biggest challenge for you and then for consumer as they're decorating their home? Well, agreeing on things. I think I might push the envelope a little bit, and I think a lot of consumers are a little bit nervous, especially if it's their first time using a designer. So I think just developing that trust so they can trust me and the overall vision, because a lot of people don't have the vision or the ability to envision the final thing. And as designers, we already see it in our head. So I think that's the thing. It's just getting them to trust us and trust our vision.

high point furniture market,high point furniture market 2019,ellen gefen,thehomedotcom,thehome.com,hgtv,interior design trends 2019,interiordesign,design,interior,homedecor,home,decor,interiors,homedesign,interiordesigner,decoration,designer,interiordecor,interiorstyling,furnituredesign,how to luxury,hpmkt fall 2019,traditional interior design,timeless interior design,patti johnson,patti johnson interiors,tablescaping,rustic tablescaping,

Post a Comment

0 Comments